50% OFF. LIQUIDATION

FAQ's

Why soy candles?

Most conventional candles that are sold in stores are usually made of paraffin. Paraffin is a by-product of the oil refinery industry and includes remains of refined petroleum residue. It is a non-renewable fossil fuel.

We already know that the oil industry is a contaminant throughout its life cycle, from its extraction and transport, to its use and disposal. In the case of paraffin candles, besides relying on oil to exist, they can generate the same toxic substances in the air of your home.

Tests from the Environmental Protection Agency show that the smoke given off by paraffin candles contains dangerous chemical compounds such as acetone, benzene, toluene, and carbon tetra chloride. The American Lung Association also warns that paraffin candles have the potential to emit significant amounts of toxins in the air inside a home. The smoke from these candles can be especially harmful to children, pets, and people with respiratory problems.

Benefits of soy candles:

  • They are 100% natural and do not emit toxic air. Any combustion will emit a certain amount of carbon dioxide, but soy candles are a healthier and more environmentally friendly option.
  • Unlike decorative paraffin candles, soy wax is a renewable resource and is not involved in the petrochemical industry.
  • They last longer; up to 2-3 times longer than conventional paraffin candles.
  • They have a lower melting point (40º-45º), which reduces the risk of burns and helps to preserve the benefits of the natural essential oils they contain; otherwise they would volatilize.
  • The lower melting point also means the entire soy candle can be used up so there is no waste.

How can I fix a candle that's tunneling?

  • The first and best option is if your candle will stay lit, give it a good, long burn until all the wax is melted to the edge of the jar, This effectively “resets” the memory of the wax. The flame height may vary when you do this, but as long as there is still a burn, it should continue to create a melt pool, so just be patient.

  • If your candle won’t stay lit because it is “drowning” in a wax pool, try using a paper towel or napkin to soak up some of the excess waxThen wait for a minute or so, relight your candle, and repeat until your wick has room to breathe! Remember, prevention is better than a cure - and if you follow the practices mentioned above, your wood wick candles should burn nicely!

      How can I make the best out of my candles?

      • Trim your candle's wick to 1/4" before each lighting or once your candle has cooled.
      • NEVER leave a burning candle unattended.
      • Burn your candle on a safe, flat, heat-proof surface away from flammable materials.
      • Allow the wax to melt to the edge of the jar. This way, you won't lose any of the wax that could stick to the walls of the jar.  This also prevents tunneling.
      • It is recommended to burn for no longer than four hours at a time.
      • Discontinue use when 1/2" of wax remains in order to prevent heat damage.
      • Is your candle experience over? Now, its time for you to use your creativity to reuse the jar and repurpose it into other forms! After any remaining wax has been cleaned out of them, our high-quality glass jars work great as small pots, pencil holders, storage containers for sewing materials, among other things. We provide the scent, and you get inspired!